If you haven’t heard the name Chris Guthrie before, then let me introduce him to you. This is one person who has definitely made a name for himself because of how successful he has been as an Amazon associate.
The phrase “Amazon associates” refers to the affiliate program that Amazon runs. By signing up for an Amazon Affiliate account, you are eligible to promote products that are sold on Amazon and thus receive a commission, provided you abide by Amazon’s terms and requirements such as the correct disclaimer on your website.
If you have heard of this affiliate program, then you would have come across a lot of authors who dismiss the idea out of hand because of the Amazon affiliate commission which, in many affiliate’s view, is way too low to bother with. However, there is more to this program than meets the eye.
How to Make Money as an Amazon Associate
Chris has written a book called How to Make Money as an Amazon Associate. In it, he describes what he has done, how he has been so successful and how you can do it too, with some hard work and persistence that is. And I would say that anyone who has earned well over $100,000 with Amazon is indeed very, very successful and thus well worth listening to or, as in this case, well worth reading. Needless to say, Chris now works at this full time.
I found the book very easy to read and of course, being a kindle book, it was extremely well-priced so it turned out to be a very good investment.
What I Liked Most about this Book on How to Make Money with Amazon
The aspects that impressed me most about Chris Guthrie’s eBook included:
- It sets out how-to points in logical step-by-step fashion.
- Chris describes how he built up one of his Amazon review sites to such an extent that he was able to sell it for a 6 figure sum.
- The book really targets beginners, so is especially useful for anyone new to affiliate marketing and/or new to the Amazon affiliate programme.
- It is probably not as useful for seasoned affiliates but even this group can be inspired and still pick up a gem or two.
- It goes over setting up a WordPress site, which is my favorite platform for website building.
- The information is presented in a straight-forward manner without being too overwhelming. Sometimes, you can read of someone’s online success and feel totally discouraged because what they are doing to achieve that success seems well beyond the reach or most of us. However, that is not the case here. Instead, you are given very clear guidelines on what to do and what to expect.
- Chris goes over what distinguishes a site as a suitable site for promoting Amazon products.
- Chris also covers the current debate of whether it is better to target a niche site or an authority site.
- You are shown how to create links to the products and which work better than others.
- You also receive a lot of tips on how to write appropriate content for your pages and/or posts.
- Chris doesn’t hold back in giving tips on how to make money with Amazon as an associate.
- I particularly liked the fact that the bock provides links to sample Amazon Affiliate sites (very useful).
- The book outlines how to promote Amazon products correctly.
- Many dislike the short cookie time with this program but Chris gives you an idea on how you can take advantage of a much longer cookie period with certain link buttons.
Is this Book on the Amazon Associate Program for You?
So if you are considering a new online revenue stream and wish to know how to make money as an Amazon affiliate then I would highly recommend this kindle eBook. The Amazon Affiliate program is not one to be dismissed without due consideration. While the commission base does start at a very low rate, it is possible to jump up to the 2nd tier quite quickly each month; whilst it is still low, the new rate applies to all products sold during that month. And customers frequently buy multiple products in one order.
One of the aspects that I love about Amazon’s affiliate program is the fact that Amazon is such a huge marketplace, selling SOooooo many products that regardless of your niche, there are bound to be products on Amazon that your customers could be looking for. And this brings me to another point that I love about the Amazon program and that is that you receive the commission for any products purchased by your customer after they have clicked on your link through to the Amazon site, provided it is before the buyer cookie expires. Whilst this is a short time frame, it is surprising how many customers browse other products and add them to their cart. And Chris shows in his book how to extend that cookie with particular button links.
If you would like to give it a go, I highly recommend that you look at Chris’s kindle book first: