Leveraging YouTube to Drive Sales and Traffic: a Course Review
A Udemy Course – by Deltina Hay
This course really demonstrates the effectiveness of using YouTube as a marketing tool. It is proving popular with beginners, just as much as it is with seasoned marketers. There seems to be something for everyone in this course which takes you step-by-step towards getting more traffic and thus more sales by using YouTube effectively.
As the author writes:
Imagine using the third most popular site on the Internet to drive hundreds of potential clients your direction.
YouTube Course Rating
At the time of publishing this post, Leveraging YouTube to Drive Sales and Traffic was rated as 5 stars. Pretty good when you consider that over 600 people have taken the course so far. The quality of the course, along with how reasonably priced it is, is one of the factors driving its popularity.
YouTube Course Overview
All that you need to get started with this online course is a connection to the Internet. When you enrol you will be shown:
- How to optimize your YouTube channel
- How to drive more traffic to your site
- How to use your actual video to generate more subscriptions
- How to use your videos to generate more sales and/or leads
- Unique tactics that can maximize your chances of making many more conversions
- How to get your YouTube videos noticed
- How to embed links, inside your videos, back to your own site
- How to integrate your videos with other social media for better promotion
Who is this Course For?
This course is especially beneficial for anyone who is new to YouTube but even those with experience are saying that they got a lot out of the course.
However, more specifically the people who would stand to benefit greatly from this course would be:
- Those who are just starting out in video marketing
- People who already have a YouTube channel but are looking to take their marketing to the next level
- Anyone looking to build on their current level of experience
- Online Entrepreneurs
- Marketing personnel
- Business owners
- Sole operators
- Blog owners
One of the aspects that I really like about this course is the fact that you can continue to access the materials for as long as you like. There is no cut-off date.
The Leveraging YouTube Course Content
The course consists of 7 sections containing 18 lectures in total, 2 hours of content.
Topics in the Course include:
- An Introduction
- Looking at the new YouTube Layout
- What it means to leverage YouTube
- Customizing and Optimizing Your YouTube Channel
- Channel Features
- The one channel header
- The one channel layout
- Optimizing and Leveraging Videos
- More techniques for optimizing
- Video features, including interactive features
- Playlists & Galleries
- Promoting Your Videos and Channel
- Promoting in the social Web
- Engaging – Best Practices
- YouTube Channels
- Best Practices for Presentation
- Alexa Fischer Guest Lecture
- The Old Channel Layout
- Customizing and Optimizing
- Customizing background
What Students are Saying about This Course
At the time of publication of this post, more than 600 people had taken the course.
It is obvious from the comments that this course has been very well designed and written. One student would have liked to see more connection between the topics rather than independent topics but, the overall consensus has been that this is a top quality course and well worth taking.
Typical comments include:
- Very easy to understand
- Easy to implement
- Increased confidence in working with videos
- Highly recommended
- Great course on YouTube marketing
- Drastically changed my strategic plan, for the better
- A real eye-opener to the power of YouTube marketing
- Perfect resource on using YouTube
- Learned so much on using YouTube as a marketing tool
- Shows you how to get the most out of YouTube
As one one person who took the course expressed it,
I thought I knew YouTube, I was wrong
Great introductory on leveraging YouTube for a beginner
<< Click here to view more details
As a bonus, you receive a certificate of completion when you finish the course.
If you decide that this is the course for you, please return here and leave your own review so that we can share your findings with others.
Binoculars image courtesy of digitalart, FreeDigitalPhotos.net