If you are interested in trending ways of making money online, then Kindle eBooks would definitely be an apt inclusion in your list of diversified ways to monetize your site. This applies regardless of whether you plan to join the Amazon Associates program and sell Kindle eBooks for commission or if you plan on writing eBooks yourself for Kindle readers.
Either way, a Kindle reader will most likely be one of your tools of trade.
So let’s see if the Kindle Fire HD is the Kindle for you.
At the time of publishing this review, there were already well in excess of 2,000 customer reviews. That tells a story in itself.
Kindle Fire Specifications
- Display Size: 7″ tablet
- Resolution: 1280×800 resolution
- Weight: 395 grams 13.9 ounces
- Storage: 16GB or 32GB
- Battery: 11+ hours depending on usage (with approximately 4 hours to re-charge)
- Display: 1280×800 HD LCD display
Kindle Fire Features
- In-plane switching (IPS) with advanced technology to allow easy, sharp viewing from any angle.
- Advanced anti-glare technology
- A Dolby audio system that creates a virtual surround sound experience.
- Built-in microphone.
- Fast performance
- Fast downloads
- No setup/installation required, ready to go right out of the box.
- comes with a Quick Start Guide
- Skype video calls
- Cloud Storage – free for Amazon content
- Can easily integrate with web 2 platforms
- Free provisions for Amazon Prime members:
- Thousands of movies and television shows instantly streamed
- Thousands of books in the kindle library
- Comes packaged with:
- USB cable
- User Guide
AND the list goes on.
Customer Reviews of the Kindle Fire
So what do customers think of the Kindle Fire ?
Over 300 customers commented on the “great graphics” and affordability. The word “fantastic” was used by customers to describe the screen.
Other comments included:
- Rubberized backing makes for easier gripping.
- The improved anti-glare technology is excellent.
- Can’t fault the sound; it’s “amazing”.
- Very satisfied with it as a media device.
- Very, very impressed with Amazon’s customer service.
- Love using this device to surf the web, to interact with online sites, watch movies and of course to read books.
- Much more than just an e-reader.
- The size of this media device makes it much more portable, more inclined to take it along than larger devices.
- Fast browsing response times.
- Very intuitive interface that supports all levels of experience or non-experience.
- Handy parental controls if needed.
- Getting books from Amazon to the Kindle is exceptionally easy
- More storage than other HD tablets in its range.
- All round a top experience with a sound system that has that “wow” factor about it.
- A little heavier than expected but then lighter models usually cost heaps more.
- The buttons for power and volume are a little confusing.
- The battery capacity is indicated by a bar. One customer expressed a preference for a percentage.
- Would like the touch screen to be a little faster in its response.
- Not Flash compatible.
- Would like to be able to re-organise books and categorize them in different collections.
You can see all customer reviews on Amazon here: Kindle Fire HD 7″ Reviews
The Kindle has to be viewed in the light of what it was designed for. It can’t be, and nor should it be, viewed as a replacement for your laptop for example. It is intended to facilitate access to all different forms of media and it does this exceptionally well and it does this at a very affordable price.
Click here to access the order screen: Kindle Fire HD 7″, Dolby Audio, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, 16 GB – Includes Special Offers
Please feel free to add your own review by leaving a comment below. It’s great when readers share their opinions. I hope you enjoy your Kindle experience.